Campus Manager – Busselton Campus
Bunbury Regional Community College
Busselton, Bunbury & South West WA
Management – Schools (Education & Training)
We are seeking an educator with exemplary leadership ability, excellent communication skills and a strong commitment to making every student matter.
BRCC is a CaRE (Curriculum and Re-Engagement in Education) School with campuses in Bunbury and Busselton. We are a specialised therapeutic school catering to students in years 10 to 12 who have disengaged from mainstream education due to a myriad of life challenges. The focus of our school is on building strong relationships through a flexible, personalised approach that is targeted at best by meeting the individual learning and pastoral care needs of our students.
BRCC uses Big Picture Educational design. This approach is based on the belief that the unique interests, needs and abilities of each student must be at the centre of their educational program.
This is a leadership role, commencing in 2024, reporting directly to the college Principal.
The Busselton Campus Manager leads the day-to-day management of the campus and the coordination of programs and activities to ensure that the campus operates efficiently and harmoniously in the best interests of students, parents/carers and staff. The role demands exceptional skills in the management of people and relationships and the ability to lead teaching and non-teaching staff at all levels across the campus.
To be successful, you will need to have the following;
• A strong background in educational design, pedagogy and student engagement
• Exceptional management, communication and people skills
• High level planning and organisational skills, with experience in establishing priorities, allocating resources and meeting deadlines
• Ability to nurture a positive, inclusive culture and ensure the campus is a safe environment for all staff, students and visitors
• Sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills and an ability to problem solve complex and sensitive situations, and
• A knowledge of, and ability to actively contribute to, Work Health and Safety by managing risks and compliance issues.
Qualified teachers, registered with the TRBWA, or in a similar Deputy Principal, Campus Manager or Head of Learning area role are encouraged to apply.
The Staff Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy guide the behaviour of all staff.
Our culture embraces diversity and innovation. Working for us will provide you with opportunities for growth and development along with a competitive salary and a range of benefits.
• Professional development opportunities.
• As a not-for-profit organisation, employees are eligible for FBT exempt benefits up $15,900 per FBT year.
• An additional $2,650 in Meals/Entertainment/Venue exempt benefit per FBT year.
• Remote Area benefit offered if eligible.
• Novated lease opportunities, and
• Enjoy a newly renovated campus, currently under construction and ready for Term 1, 2024.
If your aim is to make a positive difference to young people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
Applications are to be received by the close of business on 10th November 2023.
Apply via SEEK for this exciting opportunity. Please send your resume and a cover letter addressing the essential criteria outlined above. For more information, please contact the Principal, Brett Piggott on (08) 6724 6971.
Your application will include the following questions:
• How many years of people management experience do you have?
• Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
• Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?
• Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
• How many years’ experience do you have as a Campus Manager?
• How many years’ experience do you have as a classroom teacher?
• Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
• Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?